Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kudos for Fresh Market


Trent having fun on the Wave Runner

A week ago we had our immediate family's summer get-together at the lake. It was wonderful because all  of our children came home!  In preparation for the picnic I called my local Kaysville Fresh Market and asked the bakery how early the French bread and bagels come out of the oven.  She said 8 am.  I was disappointed because we were leaving at 7 am and to be honest, I was too tired from all of my home canning to make them myself.
What came next surprised me.  The bakery lady asked why I asked and I told her that we were leaving at 7 am for a family outing.  She the said, "No problem!  We will bake them early for you. "  I said, "But I only want 2 loaves of French bread and a dozen bagels."  She said that was fine and she would see me at 7 am.  NOW THAT'S SERVICE!
That night I asked the family what they wanted to BBQ.  They all agreed on pork chops. This was great because pork chops were on sale for $2.49 a pound. Later in the evening, I went to the meat department and couldn't find pork chops thick enough. My family likes 1 inch chops. As I was pondering what to do, the butcher, Kelly approached me and asked if I needed any help.  I told him that I needed thicker pork chops, one inch to be exact.  He said," No problem; how many would you like?"  I then asked if the price would increase.  He told me no and in no time at all I had 12 one inch pork chops in my shopping cart.  Here's what else he did without me even asking, he actually double plastic wrapped them so there wouldn't be any leakage in my picnic cooler.  NOW THAT'S SERVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment