Thursday, November 3, 2011

Challenge for the Bag Lady, create a teenage party bag meal

Recently, I was asked to come up with a bag meal recipe for a teenage party. I asked if it had to be nutritious or if it could just be a typical American teenage diet of high sugar, high fat, high preservatives and of course who can forget, high salt.  They said, "Skip nutrition! This is something my teenager wants."  Okay...here's what I came up with.  I even taste tested it on my teenager and he liked it. 

Place the following in your bag:
1 pint home canned ground beef
1-14.5 oz. can chili beans in western style sauce
1- jar of Frito brand nacho cheese dip
1- bag tortilla chips
1- bag of Sour patch kids, mini candy bars etc.
4- Sodas
Place as many cans of your teenager's favorite soda into the bag as will fit, I could fit four.  The problem was the chips.  I couldn't get everything in the bag including the chips so I just sat the bag of chips on top of the bag.  So I guess it becomes a two handed bag meal!?!

All I did for the nachos was heat the ground beef, chili beans including sauce and nacho cheese dip in a pot.  Once the mixture was hot I spooned the nacho sauce over the tortilla chips. 

Top the nachos with chopped tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, sour cream and avocado if you happen to have some in your fridge.

1 comment:

  1. This seems up your alley. Check this website out! http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-places-find-free-clothes-online-naked/

    ReplyDelete