Saturday, October 1, 2011

Single serving sizes taste better?

My son Adam had oral surgery yesterday and as such requires soft foods, gelatin, pudding, scrambles eggs, applesauce etc. When my children were little I had one child that insisted on home lunches.  About that time single serving Jell-O and pudding cups we on the grocery shelves.  I was not going to pay $3.99 for single serving Jell-O to go in her lunch when I could make up a box of Jello-O for $0.57.  So I made pudding and gelatin and poured it into my re-usable single serving plastic ware and all was good.

After all these years of putting gelatin in singles serving containers I should have known better, but I didn't and made up Adam's post surgery gelatin and pudding in large bowls.  You would have thought I committed blasphemy.  Everyone threw a fit when they saw what their horrible mother was attempting to do!  I actually had to re-pour the hot pudding and gelatin into single serving containers to prevent mutiny.  Crazy but true!
Why pay $3.99 when you can make your own single serving gelatin for $0.57?

No comments:

Post a Comment