Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Weight update: 169 Pounds. I have lost 7 pounds in a month.

Yesterday for breakfast we had cold cereal.  Yes, we eat cold cereal at our house on occasion! 
For lunch I ate left-overs: Green salad, tilapia and pasta in a blue cheese sauce.
In the evening, I had a presentation at the West Jordan Library. I made Chorizo Pasta for the participants.  This recipe is in my latest book Quality Cooking at a Fraction of the Cost.
Chorizo Pasta: Total cost $5.27; Adult servings 6
When I got home I needed a little pick-me-up to sip while I washed my dishes from the cooking demonstration.  I decided to make a strawberry lemon frappe.  Here's the recipe:
Juice of 2 fresh lemons
8-10 strawberries (Mine were frozen)
1 cup of water
Sugar to taste.  I like mine on the tart side.
Directions: Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and slushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment