Sunday, March 11, 2012

What should I do with 6 chicken strips, 2/3 cup left over cream, and a starving family?

Here's what I made and it was a hit and it only took 20 minutes!

I found a bag on penne pasta in the pantry and cooked it up.
I grilled the chicken strips.
I made a sauce that was high in fat and oh so delicious (If I didn't have to use up the cream I would have made the recipe with milk)
Sauce:
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
11/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
2/3 cup cream
1 cup shredded cheese.  (I had mozzerella.)
Add ingredients and whisk.  Once blended add thickener and cook until bubbly.

Thickener
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1/4 cup water.
Mix water and corn starch until blended then add to sauce.

Plating instructions: noodles, sauce, grilled chicken, drizzle with sauce and the cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment