Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Helpful things are meant to be shared!


Nearly everyday, since submitting my manuscript, I tell my family that if I had a larger page count I would have include this or that.  Some days I tell my husband, "I wish I had a vehicle to share with my readers the unadvertised specials I found this afternoon.  For example, $1.20 for a 6 oz. package of raspberries or 93% diet lean ground beef for $1.85 a pound.  Other days the things I want to share have nothing to do with shopping; sometimes it is a delicious depression era recipe that has been passed down from my Gram Swain.  Or perhaps it's a stellar household cleaning tip that my mother or Grandma Garbett passed down to me.  Whatever it is that I want to share, the point is I want to share!  I want to share with singles, I want to share with young married couples and I want to share with those that never had the opportunity to learn from their mothers and grandmothers what I did.
So here is what I am going to do to in an effort to relieve myself of this burning desire to share my domestic knowledge with others before I die, I am going to blog about deals I find when I am out and about, recipes, cleaning tips, vacation deals, household management tips and most importantly, how to be thrifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment