Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Deals at Big 5 Sporting Goods

Today I needed to pick up a new pair of swimming shoes for our son and a UVA protection swimming shirt and swimming shoes for Trent. I shopped at all of my regular stores and much to my disappointment I couldn't find anything on my list. As I was driving down the street I saw Big 5 Sporting Goods and decided to stop. Among other things, I found a nice selection of swimming shoes for 50% off and swimming shirts for 30% off. 

Trent's swimming ensemble: UVA protection swimming shirt, swimming trunks (bought at JC Penneys), and swimmng shoes would have cost our clothing budget $84.98.  Fortunately, with good sales and coupons, today's price was only $31.48.  That's a  savings of $53.50!




P.S. In addition to summer clothing Big 5 had a nice selection of picnic coolers at really good prices.  I was even thinking that I might pick up a few and give them for wedding gifts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment