Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Typical Monday at the Snow's House


Last night our family did what we do almost every Monday.  We work on Adam's Duty to God book or Preach My Gospel, play a game or watch a movie, and then have a treat.  Simple and relaxing.  The lesson portion went smoothly and in no time at all it was time to play a game or go to a movie.  Trent and Adam didn't want to play games since we had guests over on Sunday and played games until bedtime.  And, nothing was at the dollar movies worth seeing, so that meant it was time for the treat.

My husband Trent, who by the way has a sweet tooth the size of the Grand Canyon, asked, "Honey, what's for dessert?" I stared at him blankly because I had not had time to make a dessert. My mind was racing trying to recover from committing the unpardonable sin of not having a FHE treat.  In a flash, I remembered seeing my waffle cone maker in the basement (I have been reorganizing the basement, thank heavens for that!).  I smiled and said, "Oh, we are going to have ice cream in homemade waffle cones.  And we're all going to help out."  Quickly, I ran down stairs and grabbed the waffle cone maker.  I whipped up the batter as Trent and Adam gathered around the breakfast bar.  Whew!  Now that was a save if I say so myself!

Here's the recipe that came with my waffle cone maker
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup flour
2 T. melted butter

Whisk, bake and roll.  Yum!

Hints: 
Waffle cones can be made into waffle bowls just by placing the cooked waffle on an inverted bowl to cool.
Waffle cone makers can be purchased just after Christmas for about $19.99 at Shopko, Target, Walmart etc.

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time picturing you eating ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, I ate a cone without ice cream; however, if there had been Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream I would have had a double scoop!

    ReplyDelete