Monday, February 6, 2012

Refinishing hardwood floors

I am a frugal gal and when the bid to refinish my hardwood floors came in at almost $3000.00 I started wondering if I could do it myself.  Well, I just put my final coat of polyurethane on the floor and it looks great!  I never would have thought refinishing a floor would be so easy.  I must warn any one thinking of refinishing a floor that it is time consuming...sanding, cleaning the floor to remove anything and everything, and then 3 coats of water based polyurethane.  The total time I spent on 270 square foot area was one day prep, one day application (3 hours between each coat) and one day to dry.

Total cost in materials: $53.00
Total Time: 3 days

Isn't it shiny and beautiful?

I feel so accomplished and handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment